Friday, January 14, 2011

5 day cleanse diet

My friend and I decided to do a 5 day cleanse diet that consisted of only eating...

Egg Whites
Spinach
Almonds or Almond butter
Plain Nonfat yogurt
Raspberries

Today was the last day... It was not that bad and several times through out this week I have been reminded that we need to have cleansing to all area's of our life. It was almost like a fast!

The benefits I found in this cleanse... I never felt deprived as long as I ate the foods. I felt alert and I feel very lean. I also feel it was a great disciplining exercise! I think the best thing I learned is this...

I expected to loose a ton of weight (the diet said up to 8lbs) well I have been trying not to weigh myself to learn we are not defined by the # on the scale. Then I had to go to the doctor yesterday and was not too excited with the results on the scale. to my benefit I had boots and jeans on. So after about 24 hours of contemplation this is what I came up with...

I am happy with my relationships
I am happy with my diet
I am happy with my life
I am excited about tomorrow and the next day and next
Non of these things have to do with the scale!
I am healthy
I am confident
I am loved
Non of these things have to do with the scale!

The scale can create a bondage that God does not intend! He wants us to be healthy and take care of the temple he has blessed us with... as long as I am doing that by eating whole foods he provides, using my body and exercising regularly and most important communing with him then I am content and will walk in the way he wants me to!

I will not be perfect at this but I will proclaim truth when I struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment