Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Battle!

Today it is FREEZING!!! No more heat wave of 37 degrees... Temperatures on there way to ZERO by night time!

I woke up this morning in a funk... similiar to yesterday when I couldnt get out of bed, but today was more I didnt want to... then I was at the gym and usually want to go longer than I have time for. Today I just didnt even want to be there.

Do you ever have funks like this?

Often when I have a day like this I try and ask myself why? Typically if I think about it long enough I can come up with some reasons. Here are a few questions I ask myself...

1. What am I nervous or anxious about today or in the next few days?
2. What did I eat last night (You have all heard of the sugar high and then crash... well Sugar does the same thing to your emotions. Often when I have sugar at night, I wake up feeling sad or anxious)
3. What previously happened that I still feel uncomfortable about?
4. What is making me feel discontent?

Today... I can answer all of those questions and recognize what is leading to the funk!

Some helpful hints to get out of it.

1. Ask Gods Help! Pray!
2. Realize it will not last and tomorrow will be better (if your funks begin to last longer than several days, look into talking with a counselor)
3. Plan something fun to look forward to
4.Analyze your answers and see if there is anything you need to do to change

No comments:

Post a Comment